Pokémon GO Reaches $1.8 Billion in Revenue for its Second Anniversary

Android, iOS, Pokémon Go

Pokémon GO just hit its two year anniversary, and while the initial craze has worn off a bit, it’s definitely continued to capture the interest of players. As shared in a recent post, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates reveal that the game has hit $1.8 billion dollars in player spending as they fight to be the very best.

Sensor Tower also shared a revenue breakdown showing the United States and Japan leading all-time player spending in the game.

Respectively, the United States and Japan account for 34 and 28 percent of the Pokémon GO revenue in both Google Play and the App Store. Google Play accounts for the largest portion of the game’s revenue at 58 percent, and the App Store makes up the rest at 42 percent.

In its second year, Pokémon GO continues to be extremely popular. It remains a top ten app by revenue and ranked number nine for the month of June grossing an estimated $70 million worldwide. In addition, it continues to be in the App Store’s top ten grossing charts in 21 countries, including the United States, Great Britain, and Canada.

For the game’s two-year anniversary, players were treated to a few updates for the game including a Friends system and the ability to trade Pokémon with friends, and in case you didn’t know, Pokémon GO is currently available on iOS and Android devices.

Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Steins;Gate Elite for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC Shines in New Trailer Showing Opening Cutscene
Granblue Fantasy Gets Charming Music Video Featuring Vira’s Song “Another Sky”
The Crew 2’s New Content Will Be Revealed at Gamescom; Tracking in Line With First Game
Total War: Three Kingdoms Interview — Developers Discuss Improvements, AI, Duels, and More
Yo-Kai Watch 4 for Nintendo Switch Releasing in Winter 2018 in Japan; Gets New Screenshot and Art

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.