You may recall that it wasn’t so long ago that Moscow-based developer AurumDust Studio’s turn-based RPG Ash of Gods was announced to be beginning its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. Well, the Kickstarter campaign is now nearly done and it has been a successful one.
AurumDust was looking for $75,000 to fully fund Ash of Gods. The team said that it had extinguished its own savings to bring the game to about 75% of its potential. It had taken to Kickstarter in order to make up the remaining 25% needed to complete the vision. At this time, Ash of Gods has raised $79,382. The crowdfunding campaign has 38 hours remaining before it ends. It is currently heading towards the $80,000 stretch goal that would result in AurumDust adding 50 additional side quests to the title.
Ash of Gods was originally titled Ash of Gods: Redemption first came to Steam Greenlight, but it seems AurumDust ultimately decided to remove Redemption from the name.
The developer says that Ash of Gods is a combination of elements from The Banner Saga and Darkest Dungeon. The game features visuals similar to both games (but mostly The Banner Saga), turn-based combat that requires well-planned tactics, and roguelike storytelling that “truly” makes every gameplay decision count, affecting the story and ultimately the world over the course of its fourteen hour campaign told through three storylines. In addition to its single-player campaign, Ash of Gods also features PvP and PvE modes that are sure to keep gamers playing again and again.
Ash of Gods is currently in development for PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS devices. The game is expected to release sometime in Q4 2017.
For a closer look at Ash of Gods, check out the Kickstarter page or the game’s official website. You can also watch the trailer below.